Ayam Cemani is one of the chicken breeds that everyone has been talking about for the last few years. It should be considered normal for him to talk so much with his completely black hair and body.
Ayam Cemani is a chicken breed originating from Indonesia. Its name means “solid black chicken” in Indonesian.
There is no information about how and where it first appeared.
In general, he has a docile and friendly temperament. They are intelligent, gentle and docile, including roosters.
Due to their Indonesian origin, they are very resistant to extreme temperatures. However, it is difficult to say that they are so resistant to cold weather. It is necessary to feed at appropriate temperatures in well-insulated coops in winter.
Since it was a rare breed in the early 2000s, it found buyers at exorbitant prices such as 2500 dollars, but today it has become a breed that can even cost 100 liras. Eggs cost 10 liras each.
The Ayam Cemani chicken breed, which has black feathers, bones and even meat, is the only chicken breed that has these characteristics. Please don’t believe the rumors that her egg is black too! Egg color is creamy white.
Ayam Cemani Appearance Properties
- Its black plumage turns a fascinating insect green in the sunlight.
- Comb, Eye and Beak area are completely black.
- Its beak is strong and large.
- It has a strong wing structure.
- It has a long tail structure.
- It is a densely haired breed.
- It is a medium sized chicken breed.
- It has long legs and its legs are hairless.
Ayam Cemani Yield Properties
- Live Weight Rooster: 2 – 3 kg
- Live Weight Chicken: 1.5 – 2 kg
- Number of Eggs: 80 – 100 (per year)
- Egg Color: Cream
- Egg Weight: About 48 grams
- It should have an upright stance.
- The body is of medium size, thin, robust and muscular.
- It has a fairly broad chest and a sloping back from the neck.
- Its wings are long and broad, originating from its broad shoulders.
- The tail is of medium height.
- The thigh is strong and muscular.
- It has 4 toes.
- Feathers, skin, eyes, comb and beard must be completely black. No other colors should be visible.
- Feathers may show an insect-green to purple iridescence in sunlight.